SUGAR INDUSTRY DIVERSIFICATION FOUNDATION (SIDF) CONTRIBUTION
Applicants may qualify for citizenship through a contribution to the Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF). The SIDF is a public charity tasked with diversifying St Kitts and Nevis’ economy.
- Single applicant: a non-refundable contribution of US$250,000 is required
- Main applicant with up to three dependents (for example, a spouse and two children): a non-refundable contribution of US$300,000 is required
- Additional dependents, regardless of Age: US$25,000
Upon submission of an application, non-refundable due diligence and processing fees must be also paid. These fees amount to US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main application who is over the age of 16 years.
Unmarried dependent children who are older than 18 but younger than 30 can also be included in the application. Similarly, dependent parents aged 55 or above may also be included.
The SIDF option is the most straightforward means of obtaining citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis.
For further information about the SIDF, please visit www.sknsidf.org
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
Applicants may qualify for citizenship through an investment in a pre-approved real estate project, which may include hotel shares, villas, and condominium units. The minimum real estate investment required by law is US$400,000 for each main applicant.
Upon submission of an application, non-refundable due diligence and processing fees must also be paid. These fees amount to US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main applicant who is over the age of 16 years.
On approval in principle of an application made through a real estate investment, a Government fee applies, as follows:
- Main applicant: US$50,047
- Spouse of the main applicant: US$25,047
- Dependent child of the main applicant under 18 years of age: US$25,047
- Dependent child of the main applicant above the age of 18 years or dependent parent aged 55 and above: US$50,047
In addition to these fees, real estate buyers should be aware of purchase costs (mainly compulsory insurance fund contributions and conveyance fees).
For listed of approved real estate click here